The health department contracts with the University of Kentucky for physician services for Family Planning. Family Planning Clinics are held every other Wednesday afternoon. Appointment s are required (859-873-4541). All services are strictly confidential. The cost for the clinic visit is based on income. Income is assessed. Medicaid can be billed for this service. The clinic visit may include:
- Education and counseling for healthy lifestyle choices, self exam, STD/HIV risks and preconception health counseling
- Pap smear and pelvic exam
- Breast exam
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diaease) testing and treatment
- Pregnacy testing and counseling
- Birth control methods including abstinence education and Natural Family Planning
Family Planning services are available to everyone regardless of income. Priority is required to be given to low-income (at or below 100% of the federal poverty guidelines) persons, teens and women at risk for unintended pregnancy who have no other means to obtain care.
"White Bags" containing condoms are available at the front and side entrances of the health department .